About Sealer SalesSealer Sales has been in the sealing business for over 30 years....we know our sealers! Our blog is dedicated to educating you all about sealers: how to choose a sealer, how to use a sealer, how to repair a sealer, and much more! Our distributor base is all over the US, Canada, and Mexico. Please contact us for a distributor near you.
- Refresher Course: How to Use a Heat Sealer
- Visit us at PACK EXPO Las Vegas for Free!
- Not all Bags are Created Equal (Quick Lesson on OTR)
- PACK EXPO Las Vegas – September 28-30, 2015
- Great Alternative to Void Fill
- How to Choose a Sealer
- Band Sealers: Embossing or Dry Ink Coding
- A Conversation with ABC Packaging Direct (www.standuppouches.net)
- Impresse Goes Vertical
- Distributor Highlight: RevereFlexpak
- NEW PRODUCT: Pneumatically Operated Foot Sealers
- Distributor Highlight: Pro Pack Solutions
- PACK EXPO 2014 – Come Visit us at Booth E-8965
- SEALER SALES VIDEO SERIES: Band Sealer Maintenance – Changing Sealing and Drive Belts
- PRODUCT OF THE MONTH: Hand Sealers for the Medical Market
- NEW PRODUCT: SQUARE BOTTOM GUSSET BAGS
- NEW PRODUCT: PAISLEY FOIL GUSSETED BAGS
- Distributor Highlight: Doug Care Equipment
- NEW PRODUCT: Matte Stand Up Pouches
- PACK EXPO 2014
- Company Highlight: Standuppouches.net
- PRODUCT OF THE MONTH: FRM-1120C BAND SEALER
- W-Series Direct Heat Foot Sealer – Now with Serrated Seal Lines
- Distributor Highlight: ABC Office
- Stand Up Pouches…what sealers should I choose?
- Rice Paper Stand up Pouches
- PRODUCT OF THE MONTH: W-300DT Direct Heat Sealer
- CBS-880 Band Sealer Option – Add a Stainless Steel Stand
- Happy Holidays
- PRODUCT OF THE MONTH: WN-1500H – 59″ Sealer
- Shrink Wrapping – Using an I-Bar Sealer
- Heavy Duty Vertical Band Sealer – seal your large packages!
- Distributors in Canada
- PACK EXPO 2013
- PACK EXPO 2013
- STEVE’S PICK: FRM-1010 BAND SEALER
- Maintenance – How to change the Heating Element and PTFE Cover/Adhesive on your Hand Sealer
- Direct Heat Sealers – Seal Line Choices
- JUDY’S PICK: KS-FS Automatic Foot Sealers
- How to Seal Clamshells
- LINDA’S PICK: W-300DAT(S) – Constant Heat Sealer
- Seal and Code in One Step!
- What Does “Seal Width” Mean for a Sealer?
- Vacuum Bags Demystified!
- Carry Your Sealer Anywhere!
- SINBO – Three’s a Charm
- MAINTENANCE – Direct Heat (Constant Heat) Sealers
- The Best Little Vacuum Chamber That Could
- Next Generation in Sealing – our Impressé Band Sealer
- Impulse Sealing vs. Direct Heat Sealing – Your Questions Answered
- PACK EXPO 2012
- Coming Soon! PACK EXPO
- Help! My Sealer Isn’t Working!
- FRS-1120W – Hot Stamp Printing Band Sealer
- PACK EXPO International 2012
- Adding a “Cut” Option to Your Sealer
- Shrink Wrapping with a Shrink Tunnel
- Glossary of Packaging Terms
- Shrink Wrapping 101
- Nozzle (Snorkel) Vacuum Sealers
- Vacuum Sealers Explained
- PRODUCT OF THE MONTH: HP-280 Imprinter
- NEW PRODUCT: Clear Stand Up Pouches
- Best Practices for Dealers – Send us your bag samples!
- NEW PRODUCT: ColumnAir Packaging – for packaging fragile items
- How to Seal a Gusseted Bag?
- TROUBLESHOOTING – Impulse Sealers
- Determining the Right Band Sealer
- How to Use the SINBO (DZ-280/A) Vacuum Sealer
- MAINTENANCE – for your Hand Impulse Sealer
- Impulse Sealers – How to Achieve the Best Seal
- How to Choose a Heat Sealer
- Introducing Sealers 101
- Air Pillow
- Automatic Sealer
- Bags & FIlm
- Band Sealer
- Best Practices for Dealers
- Clam Shell Sealers
- Direct Heat Sealer
- Double Impulse Sealer
- Foot Sealer
- Hand Sealer
- Impulse Sealer
- NEW PRODUCT
- New Products
- Product of the Month
- Sealing Bags
- Shrink Wrapping
- Vacuum Sealer
Tagsaircolumn packaging Auto Sealer bag samples Band Sealer bottom gusset Channeled Vacuum Bags Choosing the Right Sealer clam shell sealers Clear Gusset Bag CN-4520A Constant heat sealer continuous band sealer Direct Heat Sealers Distributor Distributors Double Impulse Sealer DZ-280/A Vacuum Sealer Embossed Vacuum Bags foot sealer FRM-1120L Gas Flush / Gas Purge gusset bags GVS Hand Sealer Heating Element Heat Sealer how to fix a sealer HP-280 imprinting Impulse Sealers inflatable packaging Instruction L-Bar Sealer Long Hand Sealer maintenance microswitch Mighty Mutt mounting spring new products Nozzle Vacuum Sealers Other Packaging Ideas PACK EXPO PTFE Adhesive PTFE Cover Replacement Kits sealer repair Sealer Sales sealing coffee bags sealing gusset bags sealing stand up pouches seal width Shrink Film Shrink Tunnel shrink wrapping SINBO snack packs stand up pouches tear notch The Workhorse timer toner cartridge packaging trade show troubleshooting vacuum bags vacuum chamber vacuum sealer Value Vac Videos VV-305T VV-1600 wine bottle packaging WVT-455T YC-300HL YC-450HL YC-600HL
We would like to invite you to attend PACK EXPO Las Vegas 2015 and the co-located Pharma EXPO as our guest, free of charge!
This will be world’s largest processing and packaging event in 2015 – you don’t want to miss out! PACK EXPO Las Vegas and Pharma EXPO will take place September 28-30, 2015 in Las Vegas, NV, at the Las Vegas Convention Center.
With your free registration, you’ll experience the absolute latest technologies and industry innovations, engage with thousands of industry peers through targeted networking opportunities, and learn from the experts through a world-class education program.
Plus, combined with Pharma EXPO, you can expect to see:
- 30,000+ attendees from 40+ vertical markets
- 5,000 international buyers from 130 countries
- Over 1,800 exhibiting companies
- 800,000 net square feet of exhibit space
We hope that you will choose to join us and stop by to visit our booth #7165. We look forward to seeing you at the expo!
- Call Customer Service toll free at 866-833-3569
International registrants, please call +1-240-439-2995
- E-mail Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
*Note: Non-exhibiting Suppliers and Distributors are not permitted to use
Vacuum packaging is a method of packaging that removes air from the package prior to sealing the package. Many food industries (meat, cheese, seafood) use vacuum packaging in order to extend the shelf life of these products.
Once air has been eliminated from the package, there must be an adequate oxygen barrier and seal integrity to keep a low oxygen concentration inside the bag. Otherwise, the driving force created by the oxygen partial pressure differences (21% outside the bag and 0-2% inside the bag) will cause oxygen to re-enter the bag.
OTR (Oxygen Transfer Rates) is the amount of oxygen that passes through a defined area of film over 24 hours. This is where the importance of your bag comes in. See our chart below of various OTR rates for films. The lower the OTR, the better the barrier.
If you are vacuum sealing a bag with a high OTR, this defeats the purpose of vacuum sealing since the bag will easily allow oxygen right back in the bag. In order to properly vacuum seal your bag, you must choose a bag with a low OTR.
It’s never too early to start thinking about attending PACK EXPO Las Vegas. PACK EXPO will be held in Las Vegas on September 28-30, 2015. We will have our newest sealing equipment on display for you to see and touch. Complimentary admission codes to be distributed later.
Our Booth #: S-7165
Our YC-03FD Air Pillow Machine is the ideal alternative to standard void fill. Impress customers with a clean, efficient and smart way to pack and protect your product. Our air pillows cost less than peanuts or foam to fill the same space. Air pillows provide superior protection compared to traditional shipping materials and also can be stored conveniently taking up a fraction of the space as peanuts and foam.
YC-03FD is equipped to handle large volume of air pillows on demand filling up to 145 5” x 8” air pillows per minute. Machine is easy to operate.
Buy and own this machine. No minimum film purchase required.
We’ve created a quick and easy way to determine what sealer works best for your customer based on your customer’s bag type and material thickness. Remember: You are always welcome to call us with your customer’s bag information and we can help you determine what sealer works best!
Our band sealers offer two different methods of applying a message to the seal line: Embossing or Dry Ink Coding. Use our chart below to help you determine which method works best for your customer needs.
We also include examples of both embossing and dry ink coding.
We recently sat down and had a conversation about sealing equipment for flexible packaging with David Marianac, President of ABC Packaging Direct (www.standupouches.net).
David Marianac and his team at ABC are experts at helping customers determine what type of flexible packaging you should be investing in. The Standuppouches.net Blog is full of incredible information from what type of packaging you should be using to the latest industry trends. We highly recommend this as a go to source for anything related to flexible packaging.
David’s new podcast, Ditch the Box, offers guests from all over the packaging world including yours truly at Sealer Sales to discuss trends in the industry. The most recent episode focuses on the sealing aspect of flexible retail packaging.
What exactly goes on behind the scenes of sealing a flexible package? What do you need to know when it comes time to make decisions regarding the seal of your flexible packaging? We highlight some of the main points to keep in mind when it comes to seals and sealers. Listen to the full episode here:
Our popular FRM-1010 band sealer now comes in a vertical configuration. FRM-1010II will still have the same great features as the FRM-1010.
- Wider 15mm (1/2″) Seal Width
- Larger Conveyor (42″ x 8″)
- NeXt Gen Heating and Sealing Blocks for Better Sealing Quality
Contact your distributor for more information!
Sealer Sales has a network of over 100 distributors in North America and we would like to highlight RevereFlexpak which has the expertise in our band sealer and other sealing equipment.
Looking for one of our band sealers? RevereFlexpak has a dedicated sales force that can assist you in finding the right band sealer and flexible packaging best suited for your product. RevereFlexpak attends trade shows all over the country to demonstrate our machines and consult on materials.
See our CBS-880II band sealer at the Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, California at Booth #5145. The Show will be held Friday, March 6-8, 2015.