Palletizing shipments are designed to keep your product safe and secure when transporting goods from one warehouse to another. Pallet stretch wrappers are machines designed to wrap pallets and eliminate the laborious task of hand wrapping.
When to Upgrade to a Pallet Wrapper
Hand wrapping can be time consuming and a tedious operation. Stretch wrapping utilizing a pallet wrapper is easier and will reduce your film costs and provide labor savings. We have found that even at 15 pallets a day, you may be able to justify the cost of a pallet wrapper.
Advantages of a Pallet Wrapper
- Film savings
- Pallet wrappers will stretch film accurately making sure you are using the right amount of stretch film. In addition, purchasing machine stretch film vs. hand stretch film will provide significant cost savings as well
- Labor costs savings
- Utilizing a pallet wrapper to wrap pallets will not only result in film savings but the faster speed of a machine vs. hand wrapping will result in labor cost savings as well
- Consistent and uniform application
- A pallet wrapper will produce a clean professional product. Pallet wrapping by hand can result in uneven quality depending on the operator. Multiple operators, time of day, fatigue and other variables may result in different quality. A stretch wrap machine eliminates those variables
- Better Protection
- Pallet wrappers are better able to protect pallets as they provide an even stretch force vs. hand wrapping
Cost Analysis: Questions to Ask to Determine WHEN to Invest in a Pallet Wrapper
- What is your output? Think about how many pallets you are wrapping on a weekly basis
- How much are you spending on stretch film?
- How long does it take to get a pallet wrapped and loaded on a truck?
We have a cost analysis calculator available for you. Download our cost analysis spreadsheet which allows you to compare the cost of hand wrapping vs. stretch wrapping. Please note this spreadsheet only calculates the film savings and not labor cost savings.
Sealer Sales Pallet Wrappers
We offer a variety of pallet wrappers to suit your needs and our distributors can help you determine which pallet wrapper will work best for your applications. Keep in mind the following:
- What is the LPH (Loads per hour) you want to run per hour/day?
- What are the pallet sizes – length x width x height
- What are the weights of the pallets? Min and max?
- Do you need a scale in order to weigh the pallet load?
- Does your warehouse have a forklift? Do you need a loading ramp with your pallet wrapper?
Our SPW-59T is a pallet stretch wrapping turntable and is offered with a low profile ramp which can be loaded by forklift, pallet jack or by hand. This unit is operated via footswitch and operator would hold the stretch film. This is our simplest and lowest priced model which can easily provide cost savings immediately.
Our SPW-981 series pallet wrapper is our entry level semi-automatic pallet wrapper. The SPW-981 pallet wrapper is equipped with a 3,000-lb capacity turntable, photo eye to seek the height of the pallet, and a mechanical break stretch system designed to produce film yields of up to 100%. The control panel allows the operator to set the top and bottom wrap count.
Our SPW-982 series is our mid-range pallet wrapper equipped with a 4,000-lb turntable capacity, photo eye to seek the height of the pallet, and a mechanical break stretch system designed to produce film yields of up to 150% . The 7″ color touch screen is user friendly and can store up to 12 programs. The SPW-982 is capable of wrapping 30-40 loads per hour.
Our SPW-983 series is equipped with a 4,000-lb turntable capacity, photo eye to seek the height of the pallet, and a mechanical break stretch system designed to produce film yields of up to 225% . The 7″ color touch screen is user friendly and can store up to 12 programs. The SPW-983 is capable of wrapping 30-40 loads per hour. SPW-983 with a weigh scale is an in stock available feature.
Our SPW-4510R is a robotic pallet wrapper capable of wrapping palletized loads of any shape, weight and size. SPW-4510R is 110V, battery operated and on a full charge, this unit can wrap 250 loads or 10 hours of continuous use. This unit features a power pre-stretch system of 250% with adjustable wrap count at the top and bottom. Speed is also adjustable.