Shipping LTL Freight
This blog post will be a quick and handy primer on shipping via LTL freight. LTL stands for Less-Than-Truckload and refers to shipments that do not fill an entire truck. Because UPS and FedEx have weight constraints, we would require certain equipment to ship via freight truck. Shipping via LTL freight can also be more economical in certain situations. When shipping via LTL freight, Sealer Sales can arrange the freight via prepay and add or you can arrange the freight.
If Sealer Sales arranges freight – please keep the following in mind:
- We will get your approval for freight quotes before shipping; we will aim to find the lowest rate for you via our various freight carriers; please note surcharges will apply for residential addresses
- We will always add lift gate service at delivery unless we are specifically instructed that the customer has a loading dock
- Freight shipments will NOT ship out the same day as we would need to contact carrier to pick up your shipment
- For shipments that do not specify freight, but may be more economical via freight, we will contact you with our recommendations. Usually larger shipments that can be palletized will be more economical than shipping via UPS Ground
If you arrange freight – please keep the following in mind:
- Most of our quotes/sales orders will provide you with all the information (weight, dimensions, class) you need to calculate freight on your end; if your shipment needs to be palletized, we will contact you with final weight and dimensions
- In general, we use the following NMFC freight codes:
- Class 92.5 – NMFC – 133300-3
- Class 175 – NMFC – 133300-2
- We will provide NMFC codes for other shipments as needed
- When arranging freight, please provide pick up instructions to your freight carrier
- Entrance in the rear
- Pick up hours: 9:30-4PM Monday – Friday
- Liftgate not needed
- Please provide us with the BOL (bill of lading) that is completed. Because you are arranging the shipment with your freight carrier, you must provide us with the BOL. The Bill of Lading states exactly what is being shipped, from where it’s coming and where it’s going.
Once your shipment is picked up, we will provide you with a PRO# to track your shipment. A PRO number is a tracking number used by carriers.
We hope this will be helpful in helping you arrange freight shipments. If you have any questions, please contact us and we would be happy to assist you.
Discount Plastic Bags was launched in 2005 as an alternative to the high priced catalog vendors selling stock flexible packaging. By focusing strictly on quality flexible packaging materials like vacuum sealer bags, poly bags, tubing and film, this young company offers a level of targeted expertise.
Offering equal or better quality, fast delivery, low shipping cost and a Five Star Guarantee, discountplasticbags.com quickly emerged as a preferred online option for those seeking a competitive edge through efficient procurement of their thousands of items. Both common and unique items can be found on this company’s continuously improving website.
With tens of thousands of customers and glowing reviews, you’ll feel confident that your purchases from Discount Plastic Bags are shipped promptly with care and backed with genuine concern for your satisfaction.
Shop Discount Plastic Bag’s catalog of extensive vacuum bags.
We recently sat down and had a conversation about sealing equipment for flexible packaging with David Marianac, President of ABC Packaging Direct (www.standupouches.net).
David Marianac and his team at ABC are experts at helping customers determine what type of flexible packaging you should be investing in. The Standuppouches.net Blog is full of incredible information from what type of packaging you should be using to the latest industry trends. We highly recommend this as a go to source for anything related to flexible packaging.
David’s new podcast, Ditch the Box, offers guests from all over the packaging world including yours truly at Sealer Sales to discuss trends in the industry. The most recent episode focuses on the sealing aspect of flexible retail packaging.
What exactly goes on behind the scenes of sealing a flexible package? What do you need to know when it comes time to make decisions regarding the seal of your flexible packaging? We highlight some of the main points to keep in mind when it comes to seals and sealers. Listen to the full episode here:
Posted in Bags & FIlm, Band Sealer, Distributor
Tagged ABC Packaging Direct, Band Sealer, Constant heat sealer, Direct Heat Sealers, Distributor, Distributors, seal width, Sealer Sales, sealing stand up pouches, www.standuppouches.net
Sealer Sales has a network of over 100 distributors in North America and we would like to highlight RevereFlexpak which has the expertise in our band sealer and other sealing equipment.
Looking for one of our band sealers? RevereFlexpak has a dedicated sales force that can assist you in finding the right band sealer and flexible packaging best suited for your product. RevereFlexpak attends trade shows all over the country to demonstrate our machines and consult on materials.
See our CBS-880II band sealer at the Natural Products Expo West in Anaheim, California at Booth #5145. The Show will be held Friday, March 6-8, 2015.
A Division of The RevereGroup
Sealer Sales has a network of over 100 distributors in North America and we would like to highlight Pro Pack Solutions which has the expertise in clam shell sealing equipment.
Looking for a sealer for your clam shell? Give Pro Pack Solutions a call and they can recommend a variety of equipment that will suit your needs. Feel free to send clam shell samples to Pro Pack first so they can test your clam shell and provide their expert recommendations.
Ask Pro Pack Solutions about the OnPak Ultrasonic Clam Shell Sealer. Easy to use with no mess or fuss, this unit is lightweight and portable.
Sealer Sales has a network of over 100 distributors in North America and we would like to highlight Doug Care Equipment which has a dominant online presence in packaging and food processing equipment.
Looking for packaging or food processing equipment? You can find food processing equipment, vacuum packaging and vacuum sealers, shrink wrap machines and other types of bag sealing machines used by both industry and home packers & processors at Doug Care Equipment’s website.
Looking for our highly sought after FRM-1120LD band sealer? Talk to the folks at Doug Care.
We recommend the FRM-1120LD band sealer for your small and large bags…the FRM-1120LD can do it all!
For our Canadian customers, buying equipment through the United States can sometimes be quite a hassle. We’ve listed some of our excellent distributors in Canada who provide excellent customer service.
Province – Alberta
5550-36th St SE
Calgary, AB T2C 1P1
Province – British Columbia
Terrana Service Corp
5-14191 Burrows Rd
Richmond BC Canada V6V 1K9
Province – Manitoba
1901 Logan Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R2R 0H6
Province – Ontario
Unit 5, 110 Woodbine Downs Blv
Etobicoke, ON M9W 5S6
Province – Quebec
Les Emballages Poly-Pro Inc.
140 Leger St
Sherbrooke, QC J1L 1L9
Les Emballages Carrousel Inc.
1401, rue Ampere
Boucherville (Quebec) J4B 5Z5