You have helped us reach over 1 million views on our channel!! Our YouTube channel provides a wealth of resources to assist you with your customers.
For those of you who have not checked out our channel, check it out!
- Over 100 video demonstrations of our sealing equipment
- Instructional videos on how to use the most basic hand sealer to band sealer maintenance
Visit our channel at https://www.youtube.com/user/sealersales and click Subscribe in the upper right hand corner. We continue to add videos to our channel so subscribing will allow you to stay up to date with our latest videos.
Posted in Band Sealer, Impulse Sealer, Instruction, Uncategorized
Tagged Band Sealer, band sealer maintenance, Hand Sealer, Hand Sealer w/ sliding cutter, Hand Sealer with Cutter, I-Bar, Sealer Sales, shrink wrapping, Videos, YouTube
Check out our latest video on using an I-Bar Sealer for shrink wrapping. An I-Bar sealer allows you to make professional looking packages in seconds with no mess or fuss!
Adding to our Shrink Wrapping 101 post last month, we wanted to demonstrate how a shrink tunnel machine works. It’s super easy and maintenance free and sooooooooo much faster than using a heat gun!
We have two dial settings: one for the upper and one for the lower heaters. Adjust the temperature and speed conveyor to your preference. Note: the faster the conveyor, the higher the heat. Play around with the settings…this may take some trial and error. Once your settings are set, place your item with shrink wrap packaging on the conveyor and voila!
Check our our video below
Why Shrink Wrap?
Shrink wrapping is an excellent and easy way to package a product without the need to purchase a lot of expensive equipment. Shrink wrapping provides:
- Crystal clear sealed packaging
- Protection from dust and moisture
- Tamper proof packages
What Do I Need to Shrink Wrap?
All you need to shrink wrap is
- Shrink material which comes either as rolls of film or shrink bags
- Hand impulse sealer (w/round wire), and
- Heat gun
How Do I Shrink Wrap?
- Insert your product between the fold of film or into a shrink bag
- Using your sealer, cut off excess film and seal the ends of your film closed
- Shrink the film on all sides using a heat gun
How Do I Determine the Right Film?
- Measure the width and height of your product and add 5-10% to the measurement. This provides you with your minimum shrink bag width.
- Measure the length and height of your product and add 5-10% to the measurement. This provides you with your minimum shrink bag length.
- For shrink film (usually sold as centerfold film), take the smallest figure of the two to determine the shrink film size needed.
- If the size you needs is not available, a larger size can be used because shrink films will shrink up to 40% in all directions
Need to Shrink Wrap Faster?
If you are looking to shrink fast your product even faster, we have L-bar sealers which cut and seals two sides of the film in one motion.
YC-300HL – 12″ x 18″
YC-450HL – 18″ x 18″
YC-600HL – 24″ x 32″
We also carry self-contained L-Bar Sealers
W-350L – 14″ x 20″
W-500L – 20″ x 26″
For faster shrinking, we carry a shrink tunnel, CN-4520
If you are unsure what you need, please give one of our distributors a call and they can help determine the correct equipment for your needs.
Posted in Bags & FIlm, Hand Sealer, Instruction, Shrink Wrapping, Uncategorized
Tagged Centerfold Film, CN-4520A, Hand Sealer, Impulse Sealers, L-Bar Sealer, Sealer Sales, Shrink Bags, Shrink Film, Shrink Tunnel, shrink wrapping, YC-300HL, YC-450HL, YC-600HL