Take a look at some of the units that are available for the medical / dental market. We will be demonstrating these units and more at PACK EXPO in Chicago. Click on the icon below for free registration
KF-210HC – 10mm Hand Sealer w/ Sliding Cutter
Make your own poly bags with our hand sealer with sliding cutter (Model: KF-210HC). The sealer can also be used for non medical packaging as well. The unit is an 8″ hand sealer with a 10mm wide serrated seal line. Sealer is portable. Matching optional film roller is also available.
D-3010HCA – 13″ Table Top Medical Sealer
Excellent unit for sealing sterile bag & tubing. The 10mm wide seal width provides excellent protection. Sealing and cooling times can be preset with a digital control panel. Unit is also equipped with a counting timer to keep track of packages sealed.
As we expected, UPS announced rate increases which will take into effect December 26, 2016. FedEx is also expected to make similar announcements later this month. Please keep this in mind as you are working out shipping rates with your customers.
UPS 2017 Rates Information
Effective December 26, 2016, the following changes will take effect:
- Daily rates for UPS® Ground service will increase an average net 4.9%.
- Daily rates for UPS Air and International services, as well as UPS Air Freight rates within and between the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, will increase an average net 4.9%.
- The Additional Handling charge will be assessed for UPS Air and International packages with the longest side exceeding 48 inches, instead of 60 inches.
Our FS-Series line of foot sealers offers great bang for your buck! The units are available in sealing lengths 14″, 18″, and 26″. What is unique is the 8mm wide seal width. Most of our other foot sealers offer a max 5mm seal width. The 8mm wide seal can seal thicker materials than our standard 2mm foot sealers. Unit is equipped with a working table so your bag has some place to rest. Our FS-Series are priced to offer an excellent value proposition. Ask one of our distributors about these awesome sealers today!
We are experts in heat sealers – no other company comes close to our depth of knowledge and ThomasNet agrees with us. We’ve been in the sealer industry for over thirty years so we know a thing or two.
ThomasNet – the leading B2B database for sourcing suppliers publishes buying guides in many different industries including one on sealing equipment. [Visit ThomasNet.com to download the free white paper.]
Sealer Sales is listed as a resource in the ThomasNet Sealing Equipment Buying Guide and we couldn’t agree more. Our Resources page is full of relevant information on what type of heat sealer works best for your application.
If you can’t find what you are looking for, one of our knowledgeable customer service reps is available to help answer your questions. Send us a quick e-mail at email@example.com.
CONGEAL MEANS TO COOL UNDER PRESSURE.
Hand / Foot Impulse Sealers
The hand or foot sealer is a manual sealer. What this means is that the congeal step or dwell step needs to be added into your sealing process to make a proper seal. Hold the jaw down for a couple of seconds after the timer light has gone off to set the seal. This will ensure a proper seal and will also allow the sealer to cool down before the next seal. This will ensure longevity of the heating elements.
Auto Impulse Sealers
We recommend the congeal (cooling) setting to be at least 2x greater than the heat setting. This will ensure that the seal has ample opportunity to set and cool under pressure. This will also allow the heating element to cool as well. The most important step for the longevity of auto sealers is having the appropriate congealing time. Most customers skip the congeal setting in order to get a higher ppm (packages per minute) but this will only lead to problems – broken element and PC Board.
Posted in Best Practices for Dealers, Double Impulse Sealer, Hand Sealer, Impulse Sealer, Maintenance, Troubleshooting
Tagged Auto Sealer, congeal, Double Impulse Sealer, Hand Sealer, Heat Sealer, impulse, Impulse Sealers, maintenance, Sealer Sales, troubleshooting
Our MC-300 motorized conveyor can be used in accumulation systems or with ink jet coding applications.
- Equipped with adjustable speed control
- Can be used to transport a wide variety of equipment
- Adjustable guides to help transport items
- Max loading weight – 55lbs
- Easy to operate and install
Download Specification Sheet for more information
Shipping LTL Freight
This blog post will be a quick and handy primer on shipping via LTL freight. LTL stands for Less-Than-Truckload and refers to shipments that do not fill an entire truck. Because UPS and FedEx have weight constraints, we would require certain equipment to ship via freight truck. Shipping via LTL freight can also be more economical in certain situations. When shipping via LTL freight, Sealer Sales can arrange the freight via prepay and add or you can arrange the freight.
If Sealer Sales arranges freight – please keep the following in mind:
- We will get your approval for freight quotes before shipping; we will aim to find the lowest rate for you via our various freight carriers; please note surcharges will apply for residential addresses
- We will always add lift gate service at delivery unless we are specifically instructed that the customer has a loading dock
- Freight shipments will NOT ship out the same day as we would need to contact carrier to pick up your shipment
- For shipments that do not specify freight, but may be more economical via freight, we will contact you with our recommendations. Usually larger shipments that can be palletized will be more economical than shipping via UPS Ground
If you arrange freight – please keep the following in mind:
- Most of our quotes/sales orders will provide you with all the information (weight, dimensions, class) you need to calculate freight on your end; if your shipment needs to be palletized, we will contact you with final weight and dimensions
- In general, we use the following NMFC freight codes:
- Class 92.5 – NMFC – 133300-3
- Class 175 – NMFC – 133300-2
- We will provide NMFC codes for other shipments as needed
- When arranging freight, please provide pick up instructions to your freight carrier
- Entrance in the rear
- Pick up hours: 9:30-4PM Monday – Friday
- Liftgate not needed
- Please provide us with the BOL (bill of lading) that is completed. Because you are arranging the shipment with your freight carrier, you must provide us with the BOL. The Bill of Lading states exactly what is being shipped, from where it’s coming and where it’s going.
Once your shipment is picked up, we will provide you with a PRO# to track your shipment. A PRO number is a tracking number used by carriers.
We hope this will be helpful in helping you arrange freight shipments. If you have any questions, please contact us and we would be happy to assist you.
You’re invited to PACK EXPO International – November 6-9, 2016 compliments of
Sealer Sales, Inc.
We’ll be featuring our latest offerings and technologies, and will have our top product experts on hand to answer your questions. Plus, your badge also includes access to the co-located event, Pharma EXPO. We look forward to welcoming you to Chicago!
The Main Event for Packaging and Processing Offers:
Vision – See processing and packaging machinery in action and begin to understand how it will fit into your line.
Market Intelligence and Insight – Find out what technologies your competitors may be using and how you can gain an edge.
Perspective – Find where trends are headed in your industry and in processing and packaging overall.
Inspiration – Investigate technologies being used by other vertical industries leading to innovations that solve your production challenges.
Connections – Build strong business relationships and get ideas from processing and packaging professionals.
*Registration Requirements: Offer valid for online pre-registration only; not valid on-site. Registration for PACK EXPO International also provides access to Pharma EXPO. Expires November 5, 2016. Comp code is intended for use by end-user and retailer registrants. Non-exhibiting suppliers and distributors are required to pay standard attendance fees. A non-exhibiting supplier is defined as a processing or packaging professional who does NOT purchase, specify or use any packaging or processing converting equipment, supplies or services as a normal part of their job. A distributor is defined as a professional who resells processing/packaging/converting equipment/supplies.
Packaging World reports that San Francisco based company, KOOEE! uses Sealer Sales band sealer – FRS-1120W to seal their innovative “double-compartment” pouch pack. Our FRS-1120W is a free-standing band sealer capable of stamping a lot or expiration code on each bag for better traceability.
KOOEE! Super Snacks uses 100% grass-fed beef, no added sugar, and no added hormones or anitbiotics. Products can be found at retailers such as The Fresh Market, Wegmans, Amazon and several independent health foods stores in the New York and SF Bay area.
Read more here.
Sealer Sales, Inc is the preferred equipment provider for many food and industrial manufacturers. Our value-priced equipment is reliable and all equipment and spare parts are stocked out of our Northridge (Los Angeles), CA warehouse.