Corporations are taking full advantage of fulfillment centers to sell and house their products and our shrink wrapping equipment is ideally positioned to benefit from this trend.
Shrink wrapping a product
- Provides a protective barrier from dust, moisture, fingerprints, etc
- Provides products with a professional and factory fresh appearance
- Bundles products together if selling multiple items as a set
We carry a full line of shrink wrapping machines, film, and tunnels to meet the needs of ALL your customers big or small. We carry simple starter shrink wrapping kits for small businesses that are just starting out. Our starter kits include a hand sealer, roll of film, and heat gun. We also carry automated shrink wrapping systems in which the sealer and tunnel are combined for a one-step seamless operation.
If you are unsure which equipment your customer will need – fill out the survey and send it back to us. The most basic information we are looking for is the package dimensions (W x L x H). Remember that the height of the package is important!
Shrink Wrapping Quick Primer
Why Shrink Wrap?
Shrink wrapping serves to keep the product stable and clean, as well as preventing any opportunity for tampering, which could affect the overall safeness of consumption.
What is Shrink Wrapping?
Shrink wrapping is a cost effective packaging technology which has been adopted across a diverse set of industries including food, beverages and pharmaceuticals. It involves loosely wrapping a shrink film on the product that is to be packed and subsequently subjecting the package to heat with the help of a shrink tunnel or heat gun. Heat applied results in a snug fit with the product. Shrink tunnels are basically heat chambers that are placed over a conveyor.
How Do You Shrink Wrap?
Shrink wrapping requires 3 basic tools:
#1 – Film (PVC or POF) or bags to wrap your product
#2 – Sealer to seal the film such as an I-Bar or L-Bar Sealer
#3 – Tunnel or Heat Gun to shrink the film around your product
Check out our previous blog post on how to shrink wrap
Check out our video demonstration on how to shrink wrap
Why Shrink Wrap?
Shrink wrapping is an excellent and easy way to package a product without the need to purchase a lot of expensive equipment. Shrink wrapping provides:
- Crystal clear sealed packaging
- Protection from dust and moisture
- Tamper proof packages
What Do I Need to Shrink Wrap?
All you need to shrink wrap is
- Shrink material which comes either as rolls of film or shrink bags
- Hand impulse sealer (w/round wire), and
- Heat gun
How Do I Shrink Wrap?
- Insert your product between the fold of film or into a shrink bag
- Using your sealer, cut off excess film and seal the ends of your film closed
- Shrink the film on all sides using a heat gun
How Do I Determine the Right Film?
- Measure the width and height of your product and add 5-10% to the measurement. This provides you with your minimum shrink bag width.
- Measure the length and height of your product and add 5-10% to the measurement. This provides you with your minimum shrink bag length.
- For shrink film (usually sold as centerfold film), take the smallest figure of the two to determine the shrink film size needed.
- If the size you needs is not available, a larger size can be used because shrink films will shrink up to 40% in all directions
Need to Shrink Wrap Faster?
If you are looking to shrink fast your product even faster, we have L-bar sealers which cut and seals two sides of the film in one motion.
YC-300HL – 12″ x 18″
YC-450HL – 18″ x 18″
YC-600HL – 24″ x 32″
We also carry self-contained L-Bar Sealers
W-350L – 14″ x 20″
W-500L – 20″ x 26″
For faster shrinking, we carry a shrink tunnel, CN-4520
If you are unsure what you need, please give one of our distributors a call and they can help determine the correct equipment for your needs.
Posted in Bags & FIlm, Hand Sealer, Instruction, Shrink Wrapping, Uncategorized
Tagged Centerfold Film, CN-4520A, Hand Sealer, Impulse Sealers, L-Bar Sealer, Sealer Sales, Shrink Bags, Shrink Film, Shrink Tunnel, shrink wrapping, YC-300HL, YC-450HL, YC-600HL