We are excited to introduce a couple of products in both our equipment and flexible packaging product line.
Our popular CN-4520A shrink tunnel is now available with a PTFE meshed belt. This is an excellent option for operators trying to shrink small items which may fall in between the rods of the conveyor. Check out our video demo.
Our SM-101 semi-automatic strapping machine is a general purpose strapping machine that can strap packages quickly and efficiently. Strapping cycle will automatically start when operator inserts strap. The machine will automatically shut down after a preset time to save electricity. We recommend this machine for strapping cartons in a light industry setting. Check out video demo.
On the flexible packaging side, we are pleased to introduce our slider bags using the advanced Slide-Rite closure system. We carry both clear slider zipper bags and cushion slider zipper pouches. Lead times are 7-10 business days.
Contact your local distributor for further information!
Adding to our Shrink Wrapping 101 post last month, we wanted to demonstrate how a shrink tunnel machine works. It’s super easy and maintenance free and sooooooooo much faster than using a heat gun!
We have two dial settings: one for the upper and one for the lower heaters. Adjust the temperature and speed conveyor to your preference. Note: the faster the conveyor, the higher the heat. Play around with the settings…this may take some trial and error. Once your settings are set, place your item with shrink wrap packaging on the conveyor and voila!
Check our our video below
Why Shrink Wrap?
Shrink wrapping is an excellent and easy way to package a product without the need to purchase a lot of expensive equipment. Shrink wrapping provides:
- Crystal clear sealed packaging
- Protection from dust and moisture
- Tamper proof packages
What Do I Need to Shrink Wrap?
All you need to shrink wrap is
- Shrink material which comes either as rolls of film or shrink bags
- Hand impulse sealer (w/round wire), and
- Heat gun
How Do I Shrink Wrap?
- Insert your product between the fold of film or into a shrink bag
- Using your sealer, cut off excess film and seal the ends of your film closed
- Shrink the film on all sides using a heat gun
How Do I Determine the Right Film?
- Measure the width and height of your product and add 5-10% to the measurement. This provides you with your minimum shrink bag width.
- Measure the length and height of your product and add 5-10% to the measurement. This provides you with your minimum shrink bag length.
- For shrink film (usually sold as centerfold film), take the smallest figure of the two to determine the shrink film size needed.
- If the size you needs is not available, a larger size can be used because shrink films will shrink up to 40% in all directions
Need to Shrink Wrap Faster?
If you are looking to shrink fast your product even faster, we have L-bar sealers which cut and seals two sides of the film in one motion.
YC-300HL – 12″ x 18″
YC-450HL – 18″ x 18″
YC-600HL – 24″ x 32″
We also carry self-contained L-Bar Sealers
W-350L – 14″ x 20″
W-500L – 20″ x 26″
For faster shrinking, we carry a shrink tunnel, CN-4520
If you are unsure what you need, please give one of our distributors a call and they can help determine the correct equipment for your needs.
Posted in Bags & FIlm, Hand Sealer, Instruction, Shrink Wrapping, Uncategorized
Tagged Centerfold Film, CN-4520A, Hand Sealer, Impulse Sealers, L-Bar Sealer, Sealer Sales, Shrink Bags, Shrink Film, Shrink Tunnel, shrink wrapping, YC-300HL, YC-450HL, YC-600HL