Why Shrink Wrap?
Shrink wrapping is an excellent and easy way to package a product without the need to purchase a lot of expensive equipment. Shrink wrapping provides:
- Crystal clear sealed packaging
- Protection from dust and moisture
- Tamper proof packages
What Do I Need to Shrink Wrap?
All you need to shrink wrap is
- Shrink material which comes either as rolls of film or shrink bags
- Hand impulse sealer (w/round wire), and
- Heat gun
How Do I Shrink Wrap?
- Insert your product between the fold of film or into a shrink bag
- Using your sealer, cut off excess film and seal the ends of your film closed
- Shrink the film on all sides using a heat gun
How Do I Determine the Right Film?
- Measure the width and height of your product and add 5-10% to the measurement. This provides you with your minimum shrink bag width.
- Measure the length and height of your product and add 5-10% to the measurement. This provides you with your minimum shrink bag length.
- For shrink film (usually sold as centerfold film), take the smallest figure of the two to determine the shrink film size needed.
- If the size you needs is not available, a larger size can be used because shrink films will shrink up to 40% in all directions
Need to Shrink Wrap Faster?
If you are looking to shrink fast your product even faster, we have L-bar sealers which cut and seals two sides of the film in one motion.
YC-300HL – 12″ x 18″
YC-450HL – 18″ x 18″
YC-600HL – 24″ x 32″
We also carry self-contained L-Bar Sealers
W-350L – 14″ x 20″
W-500L – 20″ x 26″
For faster shrinking, we carry a shrink tunnel, CN-4520
If you are unsure what you need, please give one of our distributors a call and they can help determine the correct equipment for your needs.