A: Why, of course we can! We are the sealer experts and can assist you with any sealer problem. Most often, the problem is a simple fix. All you need is a screwdriver, unplug your machine and follow our quick little troubleshooting steps.
1. Is your heating element / wire broken?
– This is the wire (flat or round) that heats up to seal or cut the bag/film. Remove the PTFE cover and check that the wire is not discolored, bent, or broken.
2. Do you hear the “click” of the microswitch activation?
The microswitch allows the electricity to pass to the heating element which in turn heats up and seals your poly material. Sometimes the microswitch moves out of alignment during shipping and needs a simple adjustment to get the unit back to proper working order.
If you do not hear the “click” of the microswitch, you will want to locate the microswitch and make sure the arm operating bracket touches the microswitch when the sealer arm is brought into contact with the sealer base.
Carefully push the microswitch level to ensure that the level comes in contact with the microswitch trigger.
3. Are the mounting springs (holding the elements) in tact and in good condition? Make sure that the spring the element mounts on is intact. Replace if damaged. Please check also that the mounting spring is not rusted or worn in any way as this will prevent the element from conducting heat.
4. Does the timer light come on when you bring your arm down to meet the base of the sealer? The light on the timer should come on briefly when the seal bar is brought down for sealing. If it does not come on, there maybe some loose wires or the timer may need replacing